9.20.2009

NEW MUSIC MONDAY | RON IRIZARRY | ACOUSTIC SESSIONS | 9.21.09





I was out in LA last Summer at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills. I was winding down from a long day of travel, and rehearsal at Sound Stage with the band for my appearance on The Late Late Show w/ Craig Ferguson the next day. I was so exhausted from the day's events, and I was about to turn in when I turned on the TV to VH1, and there was this new artist playing. The song was really really good, as well as the video, so I waited till the end to see who it was. It was Matt Nathanson, and I've been a fan of this song ever since. A few months later a friend of mine had the CD on his kitchen table. I opened it up and read the linear notes and credits, as I enjoy reading and knowing that information. The record was actually recorded and produced by a gentleman named Marshall Altman. Marshall Altman was the Director of A&R at Hollywood Records, and actually took an interest in my music when Chris Kirkpatrick from *NSYNC was shopping me and making rounds at all the Major labels. I think Hollywood eventually passed on me, but Marshall was a very kind guy as my memory serves me. I guess he's shifted into music production which is great, because he's got some really great projects that he has worked on. Check him out here: http://www.marshallaltman.com/
Thanks for reading & please enjoy my humble interpretation of Matt Nathanson's Come On Get Higher...


Playlist Pick: Come On Get Higher - Matt Nathanson
Thankful For: The changing of the seasons...

No comments: