12.20.2008

Pleurisy???

Playlist Pick: It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
Thankful For: Lungs and the ability to breathe


The last year and a half I've had some slight breathing problems. About a year or so ago, I went to see a doctor about it and he told me it was stress and to take it easy. Throughout this year here and there it's come up, but has gone away. This week, the last four days it's gotten worse, and this morning it was bad. I took off to see a really great doctor I met last year. It's hard to find doctors that really care, at least in my experience, and after an X-ray, and an EKG, we found out it was pleurisy.

It's quite interesting. Pleurisy is swelling (inflammation) of the thin layers of tissue (pleura) covering the lungs and the chest wall. He was very helpful in educating me on what it was, and prescribed me some antibiotics. Things should clear up in the next week or two, so that is my hope.

It's just hard to feel that I'm not able to take full deep breathes without some discomfort. From a 1 to 10, 10 being the worse, I'm at a 6 with discomfort, and that's a good thing. Like I said, I just want it to go away so I can get back to singing and doing what I love to do.

If you read this, say a prayer for me, and Happy Holidays to you...

1 comment:

Shelley said...

saying prayers for you - and it is true - this will mend quickly. becuase i get sick very often with respiratory illnesses, i get leurisy quite a bit - often comes for me with penumonia or a bad chest cold. take your meds.. EVNE IF you start feeling better! hugs - shell