12.19.2008

Orlando Magic and J.J. Redick





Playlist Pick: Basketball - Kurtis Blow
Thankful For: Mercy, grace, and blessings

So, last night I had the opportunity to go to the Magic VS. Spurs game. It was really cool! Shout out and thanks to Lauren Williams from the Orlando Magic Organization, and Kane's Furniture for the tickets and meet and greet opportunity with J.J. Redick.

Orlando won the game beating the Spurs 90 to 78. Some really great plays, good food from Subway, great popcorn, and good times with one of my best friends since Jr. High.

After the game we got to meet J.J. Redick. I'm not a huge sports fan. I used to follow the Redskins when I lived up north in PG County, the Noles when my sister went to FSU, and the Magic when Shaq, Penny, and Nick Anderson were on the team. My buddy Nemo filled me in with the latest. J.J. Redick was a really nice guy, and Nemo told me he played for Duke, so I spent some time google-ing him today and finding more about him.

Overall, it was a really great evening, and I'm thankful that I had the chance to have that experience.

Happy Holidays and stay safe...

No comments: