10.15.2008

RAD was RAD







RAD 10.10.08 from Brook Pifer RockstarPhotographer on Vimeo.

Playlist Pick: What'd I Say - Ray Charles

Late post, but hey, it's here. So here goes...
The RAD Art Show was an incredible evening. It was so great to be around artists, artistic people, and lovers of art. There were photos on display from Michelle Marconi & Isabelle Ribeiro, and artwork by Nicky Botelho & Mel Taylor. Mel Taylor? Yes, Mel Taylor the very talented DJ and radio personality. And I have to say, she is as equally talented with the brush. We have a bunch of mutual friends, but had never had the chance to meet until now.


Brook Pifer did a lovely job putting the event together, and her studio was the perfect location and vibe for the whole event. I got to meet so many people and exchanged a business card or two. I also had a great time performing throughout the evening, playing a mixture of my original music as well as my favorite covers from The Beatles, to Nat King Cole, to Coldplay. In between sets Brook gave me her first generation iPod to rock some tunes to, and man, it just looked ancient, but still rocked the party. Later in the evening my good friend and talented musical colaborator Stefanotto came by and sat in on a few songs. If you get the chance, check out his music.

All in all it was a fabulous time, and I heard that Mrs. Pifer is going to host another one in the future, so check her out.

No comments: