10.18.2008

BEST BUY was best!!!






Playlist Pick: Staple It Together - Jack Johnson

Another late post, but hey, better late than never...
The kind people at Best Buy invited me to perform at the Grand Opening of their new Musical Instruments Store last Saturday. It was a really great day, a freeing day. I arrived a little early for load in and sound check, and pulling into the parking lot, the Florida Fall had not yet kicked in as it was in the high 80's, and not that of the music genre. Man it was hot! It was a Saturday afternoon, so the store was pretty packed with shoppers too.

Once inside, I tried to soak in the cool breeze of air-conditioning, but I was still setting up and sound checking, and at a high rate of activity. All was set, so I did my pre-show ritual of just trying to find a quiet place to relax before singing. I had enough time to stroll the store and check out all the new DVD releases as well as some music. People began to arrive, so I took to the stage and got ready to do my thang...

It was a quick set of 30 minutes, so I began with one of my songs titled "Opportunity" (which can currently be heard exclusively at: http://www.sorealunlimited.com/ Check it out!!!). I played a few more tunes, then my good friend, and talented hip hop artist, Stefanotto stopped by to sit in on "So Crazy", and also do a song of his own. I always have a great time performing with him. I am scheduled to play the House of Blues next month warming up the crowd for One Republic, and have invited Stef to come join me. Should be a great time.

After Stefanotto finished with me, I did two more songs, ending the set with "Good Times", then thanked everyone for coming out. It was a really fun afternoon, and the staff at Best Buy were so kind and professional. I have to personally thank Matt, Kelley, and Lisa for the opportunity of letting me come out and do what I love to do.

If you are reading this and it is Saturday October 18th, 2008, I will be performing at The Grape tonight at Pointe Orlando from 8PM to 11PM, so come on out and join the fun.

Peace to all and see you soon!!!

No comments: